◆英語タイトル：Tesco Plc (TSCO) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Tesco Plc (TSCO) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Tesco Plc (Tesco) is a multinational retailer of general merchandise. The company carries out business through multi-format stores and online. Its stores are classified into seven formats differentiated by size and range of products sold including Superstore, Extra, Metro, Express, Dotcom only and One-Stop. Tesco offers a wide array of food and non-food products including fresh food, beverages, bakery, grocery, home furnishings, baby products, flowers and plants, toys, wine, technology and gaming, sports and leisure, garden, clothing, fuel, household appliances, health and beauty products and consumer electronics and electrical goods. The company also provides freight, gift card, photo printing, magazine, optical, telecom, and financial services. It provides retail banking and insurance services through Tesco Bank in the UK. The company’s operations are spanned in Europe and Asia. Tesco is headquartered in Cheshunt, Hertfordshire, the UK.
Tesco Plc Key Recent Developments
Jul 10,2018: Tesco Names Jason Tarry CEO Of UK & ROI, Replacing Charles Wilson
Jun 15,2018: Tesco Releases First Quarter Trading Statement 2018/19
Apr 12,2018: Tesco’s Irish recovery boosted by 3% sales rise
Apr 09,2018: Campaigners urge retailers to stop stocking Antarctic krill products
Mar 16,2018: Tesco names Guus Dekkers as chief technology officer
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Tesco Plc – Key Facts 6
Tesco Plc – Key Employees 7
Tesco Plc – Key Employee Biographies 8
Tesco Plc – Major Products and Services 9
Tesco Plc – History 11
Tesco Plc – Company Statement 20
Tesco Plc – Locations And Subsidiaries 21
Head Office 21
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 21
Joint Venture 23
Section 2 – Company Analysis 24
Company Overview 24
Tesco Plc – Business Description 25
Business Segment: Retail Asia 25
Key Stats 25
Business Segment: Retail Central Europe 25
Key Stats 25
Business Segment: Tesco Bank 26
Key Stats 26
Business Segment: The Retail UK & ROI 26
Key Stats 26
Tesco Plc – Corporate Strategy 27
Tesco Plc – SWOT Analysis 28
SWOT Analysis – Overview 28
Tesco Plc – Strengths 28
Tesco Plc – Weaknesses 29
Tesco Plc – Opportunities 30
Tesco Plc – Threats 31
Tesco Plc – Key Competitors 32
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 33
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 33
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 34
Performance Chart 37
Financial Performance 37
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 38
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 39
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 40
Jun 15, 2018: Tesco Releases First Quarter Trading Statement 2018/19 40
Apr 09, 2018: Campaigners urge retailers to stop stocking Antarctic krill products 42
Jan 24, 2018: Tesco to cut 1700 jobs to simplify operations 44
Jan 09, 2018: Tesco unveils new partnership to deliver Little Helps for healthier living 45
May 15, 2017: Tesco commits to 100% renewables by 2030 47
Mar 20, 2017: Tesco announces executive changes 48
Feb 28, 2017: Tesco to cut 1,700 deputy manager roles at Express convenience stores 49
Feb 28, 2017: Tesco to cut 1,700 deputy manager roles at Express convenience stores 50
Jan 12, 2017: Tesco Verdict Viewpoint 51
Jan 12, 2017: Tesco Verdict Viewpoint 52
Section 5 – Appendix 53
Ratio Definitions 53
About GlobalData 57
Contact Us 57
List of Tables
Tesco Plc, Key Facts 6
Tesco Plc, Key Employees 7
Tesco Plc, Key Employee Biographies 8
Tesco Plc, Major Products and Services 9
Tesco Plc, History 11
Tesco Plc, Subsidiaries 21
Tesco Plc, Joint Venture 23
Tesco Plc, Key Competitors 32
Tesco Plc, Ratios based on current share price 33
Tesco Plc, Annual Ratios 34
Tesco Plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 35
Tesco Plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 36
Tesco Plc, Interim Ratios 38
Currency Codes 53
Capital Market Ratios 53
Equity Ratios 54
Profitability Ratios 54
Cost Ratios 55
Liquidity Ratios 55
Leverage Ratios 56
Efficiency Ratios 56
List of Figures
Tesco Plc, Performance Chart (2014 - 2018) 37
Tesco Plc, Ratio Charts 39