◆英語タイトル：Standard Bank Group Ltd (SBK) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Standard Bank Group Ltd (SBK) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Standard Bank Group Ltd (SBG) is a provider of integrated financial services such as personal and business banking, corporate and investment banking, and wealth management and insurance solutions. The personal and business banking portfolio consists of transactional products, lending products, card products, vehicle and asset finance, and bancassurance. The corporate and investment banking includes advisory, debt products, real estate finance, structured finance, structured trade finance, and commodity finance, among others. The group also offers insurance for life and non-life risks, pension fund management, investment products, private banking, trust and fiduciary services, and retirement annuities. It has operations in Africa, Europe, the Middle East, Americas, and Asia. SBG is headquartered in Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa.
Standard Bank Group Ltd Key Recent Developments
May 29,2018: Standard Bank In Conjunction With 25 Banks Have Partnered With The United Nations To Develop Responsible Banking Principles
Mar 08,2018: Standard Bank reports strong results for the year ended 31 December 2017
Feb 15,2018: The Standard Bank Group congratulates Mr Cyril Ramaphosa on his election as President of the Republic of South Africa.
Dec 14,2017: Standard Bank taps South Africa ex-Treasury head as local CEO
Dec 07,2017: Stanbic appoints Zimbabwean Charles Mudiwa as Kenya CEO
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Key Facts 6
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Key Employees 7
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Key Employee Biographies 9
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Major Products and Services 10
Standard Bank Group Ltd – History 13
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Company Statement 16
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
Company Overview 20
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Business Description 21
Business Segment: Central and Other Activities 21
Business Segment: CIB 21
Key Strategies 21
Key Stats 21
Business Segment: Liberty 22
Key Strategies 22
Key Stats 22
Business Segment: PBB 22
Key Strategies 23
Key Stats 23
Geographical Segment: Africa Regions 23
Target Markets 23
Geographical Segment: International 23
Target Markets 23
Geographical Segment: South Africa 23
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Corporate Strategy 24
Standard Bank Group Ltd – SWOT Analysis 25
SWOT Analysis – Overview 25
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Strengths 25
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Weaknesses 26
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Opportunities 27
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Threats 28
Standard Bank Group Ltd – Key Competitors 29
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 30
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 30
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 31
Performance Chart 33
Financial Performance 33
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 34
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 35
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 36
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 37
May 29, 2018: Standard Bank In Conjunction With 25 Banks Have Partnered With The United Nations To Develop Responsible Banking Principles 37
Mar 08, 2018: Standard Bank reports strong results for the year ended 31 December 2017 38
Feb 15, 2018: The Standard Bank Group congratulates Mr Cyril Ramaphosa on his election as President of the Republic of South Africa. 40
Mar 02, 2017: Standard Bank continues to grow its business across Africa 41
Section 5 – Appendix 44
Ratio Definitions 44
About GlobalData 48
Contact Us 48
List of Tables
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Key Facts 6
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Key Employees 7
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 9
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Major Products and Services 10
Standard Bank Group Ltd, History 13
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Subsidiaries 18
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Key Competitors 29
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 30
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Annual Ratios 31
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 32
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Interim Ratios 34
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Recent Deals Summary 36
Currency Codes 44
Capital Market Ratios 44
Equity Ratios 45
Profitability Ratios 45
Cost Ratios 46
Liquidity Ratios 46
Leverage Ratios 47
Efficiency Ratios 47
List of Figures
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Performance Chart (2013 - 2017) 33
Standard Bank Group Ltd, Ratio Charts 35