◆英語タイトル：Marks and Spencer Group plc (MKS) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Marks and Spencer Group plc (MKS) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Marks and Spencer Group plc (M&S) is a retail company, which offers a wide range of apparels, home products and food items. Its product portfolio consists of womenswear, menswear, kids wear, lingerie, cosmetics, footwear, home ware, laptops, groceries, ready meals and others. It operates through a network of owns and franchise stores. M&S offers products of various private label brands such as Classic, Portfolio, Indigo, Autograph, North Coast, Collezione. M&S through its flagship website M&S.com provides online retailing services to its customers. The segment sells its products across Europe, the Middle East and Asia. The company is headquartered in London, the UK.
Marks and Spencer Group plc Key Recent Developments
Nov 19,2017: M&S Food store bringing 50 new jobs to Wednesbury
Oct 25,2017: Marks & Spencer clothing and beauty director will leave to become White Stuff CEO
Oct 25,2017: Marks & Spencer hiring 400 workers for Christmas
Sep 20,2017: Family bakery adds 47 jobs as it doubles cake business with multi-million M&S deal
Sep 08,2017: Marks & Spencer to open new Wanstead High Street store on October 10
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 – About the Company 5
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Key Facts 5
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Key Employees 6
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Key Employee Biographies 7
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Major Products and Services 8
Marks and Spencer Group plc – History 9
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Company Statement 12
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Locations And Subsidiaries 14
Head Office 14
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 14
Section 2 – Company Analysis 15
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Business Description 15
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Corporate Strategy 16
Marks and Spencer Group plc – SWOT Analysis 17
SWOT Analysis – Overview 17
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Strengths 17
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Weaknesses 18
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Opportunities 19
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Threats 20
Marks and Spencer Group plc – Key Competitors 21
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 22
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 22
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 23
Performance Chart 26
Financial Performance 26
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 27
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 28
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 29
Jan 12, 2017: Marks and Spencer Verdict Viewpoint 29
Jan 12, 2017: Marks and Spencer Verdict Viewpoint 30
Nov 09, 2016: Marks and Spencer plans to close 60 clothing and home stores 31
Nov 09, 2016: Marks and Spencer plans to close 60 clothing and home stores 32
Nov 08, 2016: Marks and Spencer Verdict Viewpoint 33
Nov 08, 2016: Marks and Spencer Verdict Viewpoint 34
Jul 07, 2016: Marks and Spencer Group Verdict Viewpoint 35
Jul 07, 2016: Marks and Spencer Group Verdict Viewpoint 36
Jun 16, 2016: M&S customers invited to invest in a new community energy scheme 37
Jan 07, 2016: Marks & Spencer trading update 38
Section 5 – Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List of Tables
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Key Facts 5
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Key Employees 6
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Key Employee Biographies 7
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Major Products and Services 8
Marks and Spencer Group plc, History 9
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Subsidiaries 14
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Key Competitors 21
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Ratios based on current share price 22
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Annual Ratios 23
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 24
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 25
Marks and Spencer Group plc, Interim Ratios 27
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42