◆英語タイトル：Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HINDUNILVR) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Hindustan Unilever Ltd (HINDUNILVR) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Hindustan Unilever Limited (HUL), a subsidiary of Unilever Plc, is a fast-moving consumer goods company. It offers packaged foods, personal care products, homecare products, refreshments and water purifiers. HULmarkets its products under Bru, Magnum, Fair & Lovely, Ponds, Lakme, Dove, Pepsodent, Surf Excel, Knoor, Taza, Lipton and Kissan brand names. The company also offers icecream, desserts, tea, coffee, chemicals, marine products, and agricultural commodities through its subsidiaries. HUL distributes its products through a network of distributors and associates in India, Nepal and other countries. It also manages beauty salons and sale of properties. HUL is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Hindustan Unilever Ltd Key Recent Developments
May 14,2018: Hindustan Unilever Announces Results for the Quarter ending 31st March 2018
Apr 13,2018: Hindustan Unilever chairman to retire
Jan 17,2018: Hindustan Unilever announces results for the Quarter ending 31st December 2017
Oct 13,2017: HUL appoints Srinivas Phatak as CFO
Aug 15,2017: Hindustan Unilever CFO P B Balaji resigns to join Tata Motors
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Key Facts 6
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Key Employees 7
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Key Employee Biographies 8
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Major Products and Services 9
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – History 11
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Company Statement 14
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Locations And Subsidiaries 16
Head Office 16
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 16
Joint Venture 19
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
Company Overview 20
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Business Description 21
Business Segment: Foods 21
Business Segment: Home Care 21
Business Segment: Others 21
Business Segment: Personal care 22
Business Segment: Refreshments 22
Geographical Segment: India 22
Geographical Segment: Outside India 22
Key Stats 22
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Corporate Strategy 23
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – SWOT Analysis 24
SWOT Analysis – Overview 24
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Strengths 24
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Weaknesses 25
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Opportunities 26
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Threats 27
Hindustan Unilever Ltd – Key Competitors 28
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 29
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 29
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 30
Performance Chart 33
Financial Performance 33
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 34
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 35
May 14, 2018: Hindustan Unilever Announces Results for the Quarter ending 31st March 2018 35
Jan 17, 2018: Hindustan Unilever announces results for the Quarter ending 31st December 2017 36
Jul 18, 2017: HUL announces financial results for June quarter 2017 37
Jan 23, 2017: HUL appoints Dev Bajpai as director on the Board of the Company 38
Section 5 – Appendix 39
Ratio Definitions 39
About GlobalData 43
Contact Us 43
List of Tables
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Key Facts 6
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Key Employees 7
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Key Employee Biographies 8
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Major Products and Services 9
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, History 11
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Other Locations 16
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Subsidiaries 18
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Joint Venture 19
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Key Competitors 28
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Ratios based on current share price 29
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Annual Ratios 30
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 31
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 32
Currency Codes 39
Capital Market Ratios 39
Equity Ratios 40
Profitability Ratios 40
Cost Ratios 41
Liquidity Ratios 41
Leverage Ratios 42
Efficiency Ratios 42
List of Figures
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Performance Chart (2014 - 2018) 33
Hindustan Unilever Ltd, Ratio Charts 34