◆英語タイトル：Genuine Parts Company (GPC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Genuine Parts Company (GPC) is a distributor of industrial replacement parts, automotive replacement parts, office products, and electrical or electronic materials. The company’s product portfolio includes automotive replacement parts, accessory items, bearings, mechanical power transmission products, industrial and safety supplies, hydraulic and pneumatic components, electrical and automation products, hydraulic and industrial hose, general office products, technology supplies and accessories, disposable food service products, office furniture, school and educational products healthcare products, static control products, magnet wire, lead wire, insulating materials and among others. GPC markets its products and services to original equipment manufacturers, motor repair shops, industrial assembly and specialty wire and cable markets, independently owned office product dealers, large contract stationers, mail order distributors, internet resellers, college bookstores, office furniture dealers, janitorial and sanitation supply distributors, primary metal, pulp and paper, mining, automotive, oil and gas, petrochemical and pharmaceutical industries. It has distribution network throughout the US, Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, China and other emerging global markets. GPC is headquartered in Georgia, the US.
Genuine Parts Company Key Recent Developments
Aug 21,2017: Genuine Parts Company announces new board member
Jul 20,2017: Genuine Parts reports lower Q2 net income, provides annual outlook
Apr 24,2017: Genuine Parts announces retirement of executive chairman
Apr 19,2017: Genuine Parts reports higher Q1 net income, provides outlook for 2017
Feb 21,2017: Genuine Parts reports lower Q4 net income, provides annual outlook
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 4
Section 1 – About the Company 5
Genuine Parts Company – Key Facts 5
Genuine Parts Company – Key Employees 6
Genuine Parts Company – Key Employee Biographies 7
Genuine Parts Company – Major Products and Services 8
Genuine Parts Company – History 10
Genuine Parts Company – Company Statement 12
Genuine Parts Company – Locations And Subsidiaries 15
Head Office 15
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 15
Section 2 – Company Analysis 17
Company Overview 17
Genuine Parts Company – Business Description 17
Genuine Parts Company – SWOT Analysis 19
SWOT Analysis – Overview 19
Genuine Parts Company – Strengths 19
Genuine Parts Company – Weaknesses 20
Genuine Parts Company – Opportunities 21
Genuine Parts Company – Threats 22
Genuine Parts Company – Key Competitors 23
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 24
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 25
Performance Chart 28
Financial Performance 28
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 29
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 30
Genuine Parts Company, Recent Deals Summary 31
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 32
Jul 20, 2017: Genuine Parts reports lower Q2 net income, provides annual outlook 32
Apr 24, 2017: Genuine Parts announces retirement of executive chairman 33
Apr 19, 2017: Genuine Parts reports higher Q1 net income, provides outlook for 2017 34
Feb 21, 2017: Genuine Parts reports lower Q4 net income, provides annual outlook 35
Oct 19, 2016: Genuine Parts Company reports sales and earnings for the third quarter ended September 30, 2016 36
Jul 20, 2016: Genuine Parts Company reports sales and earnings for the second quarter ended June 30, 2016 37
Apr 25, 2016: Genuine Parts Company announces new Chief Executive Officer 38
Apr 19, 2016: Genuine Parts Company reports sales and earnings for the first quarter ended March 31, 2016 39
Feb 16, 2016: GPC Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results for 2015 40
Feb 16, 2016: GPC Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year Results for 2015 41
Section 5 – Appendix 42
Ratio Definitions 42
About GlobalData 46
Contact Us 46
List of Tables
Genuine Parts Company, Key Facts 5
Genuine Parts Company, Key Employees 6
Genuine Parts Company, Key Employee Biographies 7
Genuine Parts Company, Major Products and Services 8
Genuine Parts Company, History 10
Genuine Parts Company, Subsidiaries 15
Genuine Parts Company, Key Competitors 23
Genuine Parts Company, Ratios based on current share price 24
Genuine Parts Company, Annual Ratios 25
Genuine Parts Company, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 26
Genuine Parts Company, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 27
Genuine Parts Company, Interim Ratios 29
Genuine Parts Company, Recent Deals Summary 31
Currency Codes 42
Capital Market Ratios 42
Equity Ratios 43
Profitability Ratios 43
Cost Ratios 44
Liquidity Ratios 44
Leverage Ratios 45
Efficiency Ratios 45