◆英語タイトル：Societe Generale SA (GLE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Societe Generale SA (GLE) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Societe Generale SA (Societe Generale) is European financial services group. It offers individual, corporate and institutional customers retail banking services in France; international banking, insurance, and financial services in emerging overseas markets; and corporate and investment banking, private banking, asset management and securities services. It operates across 76 countries across Europe, Africa, and Asia. Societe Generale is headquartered in Paris, France.
Going forward, Societe Generale intends to keep the pace of transformation to reinforce its position as a leading European universal bank well suited to the needs of its clients and in a context of great transition marked by profound economic, regulatory and technological changes.
Societe Generale SA Key Recent Developments
Jul 10, 2013: MIGA Facilitates Expansion of Angola’s Energy Infrastructure
Jun 06, 2013: Puma Energy Renews Three-year Revolving Credit Facility
Feb 13, 2013: Rosneft Signs Loan Agreements Worth $14.2 Billion With Group Of International Banks
Jan 28, 2013: TAQA Closes Financing For Expansion Of Jorf Lasfar Coal-fired Power Plant In Morocco
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 2
List of Tables 4
List of Figures 5
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Societe Generale SA – Key Facts 6
Societe Generale SA – Key Employees 7
Societe Generale SA – Key Employee Biographies 10
Societe Generale SA – Major Products and Services 11
Societe Generale SA – History 12
Societe Generale SA – Company Statement 16
Societe Generale SA – Locations And Subsidiaries 17
Head Office 17
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 17
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
Societe Generale SA – Business Description 20
Societe Generale SA – Corporate Strategy 21
Societe Generale SA – SWOT Analysis 22
SWOT Analysis – Overview 22
Societe Generale SA – Strengths 22
Strength – Solid Capital Position 22
Strength – Cost Savings 22
Strength – Operating Income 22
Societe Generale SA – Weaknesses 23
Weakness – Business Growth: International Retail Banking 23
Societe Generale SA – Opportunities 24
Opportunity – Positive Outlook for Global Wealth Market 24
Opportunity – Global Economic Outlook 24
Opportunity – Business Expansion: Insurance 24
Societe Generale SA – Threats 25
Threat – Regional Market Exposure 25
Threat – Changes in Interest Rates 25
Threat – Competition 25
Societe Generale SA – Key Competitors 26
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 27
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 27
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 28
Performance Chart 29
Financial Performance 29
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 30
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 31
Societe Generale SA, Recent Deals Summary 32
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 34
Apr 04, 2014: European Investment Bank to provide €750m fund for renewable energy projects in France 34
Section 5 – Appendix 35
Ratio Definitions 35
About GlobalData 39
Contact Us 39
List of Tables
Societe Generale SA, Key Facts 6
Societe Generale SA, Key Employees 7
Societe Generale SA, Key Employee Biographies 10
Societe Generale SA, Major Products and Services 11
Societe Generale SA, History 12
Societe Generale SA, Other Locations 17
Societe Generale SA, Subsidiaries 18
Societe Generale SA, Key Competitors 26
Societe Generale SA, Ratios based on current share price 27
Societe Generale SA, Annual Ratios 28
Societe Generale SA, Interim Ratios 30
Societe Generale SA, Recent Deals Summary 32
Currency Codes 35
Capital Market Ratios 35
Equity Ratios 36
Profitability Ratios 36
Cost Ratios 37
Liquidity Ratios 37
Leverage Ratios 38
Efficiency Ratios 38
List of Figures
Societe Generale SA, Performance Chart (2010 - 2014) 29
Societe Generale SA, Ratio Charts 31