◆英語タイトル：Anthem Inc (ANTM) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Anthem Inc (ANTM) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Anthem Inc (Anthem), is a health benefits company. The company offers managed healthcare related products and administrative services. The company provides various specialty and insurance products and services including radiology benefit management, pharmacy benefits management, dental, life and disability insurance benefits, and analytics-driven personal health care. Anthem offers its products and services to large and small groups, federal government, Medicaid and Medicare markets, and individuals. Its various types of medical membership customers include Local Group, Individual, National Accounts, BlueCard, Medicare, Medicaid, and Federal Employees Health Benefits (FEHB). The company is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association (BCBSA) and has license for insurance operations across the US. Anthem is headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, the US.
The company reported net premiums written of US$105,726 million for the fiscal year ended December 2020 (FY2020), an increase of 11.6% over that in FY2019.
Anthem Inc Key Recent Developments
Feb 08,2021: Anthem to Host Virtual Investor Day Conference on March 3, 2021
Jan 27,2021: Anthem reports fourth quarter and full year 2020 results
Dec 16,2020: Anthem names Dr. Shantanu Agrawal chief health officer
Oct 28,2020: Anthem reports third quarter results, reaffirms commitment to stakeholders during covid-19 pandemic
Sep 18,2020: Anthem announces solar power purchase agreement to move company closer towards 100 percent renewable energy goal
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
List of Tables
List of Figures
Section 1 – About the Company
Anthem Inc – Key Facts
Anthem Inc – Key Employees
Anthem Inc – Key Employee Biographies
Anthem Inc – Major Products and Services
Anthem Inc – History
Anthem Inc – Company Statement
Anthem Inc – Locations And Subsidiaries
Other Locations & Subsidiaries
Section 2 – Company Analysis
Anthem Inc – Business Description
Business Segment: Commercial & Specialty Business
Business Segment: Government Business
Business Segment: IngenioRx
Business Segment: Other
Anthem Inc – Corporate Strategy
Anthem Inc – SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis – Overview
Anthem Inc – Strengths
Anthem Inc – Weaknesses
Anthem Inc – Opportunities
Anthem Inc – Threats
Anthem Inc – Key Competitors
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts
Anthem Inc, Recent Deals Summary
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments
Feb 08, 2021: Anthem to Host Virtual Investor Day Conference on March 3, 2021
Jan 27, 2021: Anthem reports fourth quarter and full year 2020 results
Dec 16, 2020: Anthem names Dr. Shantanu Agrawal chief health officer
Oct 28, 2020: Anthem reports third quarter results, reaffirms commitment to stakeholders during covid-19 pandemic
Sep 18, 2020: Anthem announces solar power purchase agreement to move company closer towards 100 percent renewable energy goal
Sep 16, 2020: Anthem announces research study with apple watch to help improve asthma management
Sep 10, 2020: Anthem, Ascension Wisconsin partner to offer ACA Health Plans in 2021
Sep 02, 2020: Anthem affiliated health plans more than doubled the number of consumers receiving whole-person treatment for opioid use disorder
Aug 17, 2020: Anthem and Quest Diagnostics form strategic relationship
Jun 11, 2020: Anthem leads collaboration to develop tools to help public officials and businesses make informed decisions Related to COVID-19
Section 5 – Appendix
List of Tables
Anthem Inc, Key Facts
Anthem Inc, Key Employees
Anthem Inc, Key Employee Biographies
Anthem Inc, Major Products and Services
Anthem Inc, History
Anthem Inc, Subsidiaries
Anthem Inc, Key Competitors
Anthem Inc, Ratios based on current share price
Anthem Inc, Annual Ratios
Anthem Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1)
Anthem Inc, Interim Ratios
Anthem Inc, Recent Deals Summary
Capital Market Ratios