◆英語タイトル：Acer Inc (2353) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
Acer Inc (2353) – Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData to bring to you a clear and an unbiased view of the company’s key strengths and weaknesses and the potential opportunities and threats. The profile helps you formulate strategies that augment your business by enabling you to understand your partners, customers and competitors better.
The profile contains critical company information including:
- Business description – A detailed description of the company’s operations and business divisions.
- Corporate strategy – Analyst’s summarization of the company’s business strategy.
- SWOT Analysis – A detailed analysis of the company’s strengths, weakness, opportunities and threats.
- Company history – Progression of key events associated with the company.
- Major products and services – A list of major products, services and brands of the company.
- Key competitors – A list of key competitors to the company.
- Key employees – A list of the key executives of the company.
- Executive biographies – A brief summary of the executives’ employment history.
- Key operational heads – A list of personnel heading key departments/functions.
- Important locations and subsidiaries – A list and contact details of key locations and subsidiaries of the company.
- Detailed financial ratios for the past five years – The latest financial ratios derived from the annual financial statements published by the company with 5 years history.
- Interim ratios for the last five interim periods – The latest financial ratios derived from the quarterly/semi-annual financial statements published by the company for 5 interims history.
Acer Inc. (Acer) is an information and communication technology company that develops, designs, markets, and supports IT products. The company offers wide range of products including personal computer, LCD monitor, server, projector, tablet PC, smartphone, and ICT devices. It provides AcerCloud applications and services. Acer offers its products under various brand names that include Acer, Gateway, and Packard Bell. Acer also involves in activities of e-commerce, cloud services, smart devices, distribution of IT products, virtual reality devices, digital signage, handheld devices and real estate services. The company operates in America, Asia Pacific, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, China and Taiwan. It is headquartered in Taipei, Taiwan.
Acer Inc Key Recent Developments
Aug 09,2018: Acer announces consolidated revenues for July
Jul 09,2018: Acer Reports 9.1% YoY Growth in Consolidated Revenues for Q2 2018
Jun 07,2018: Acer announces consolidated revenues for May
May 09,2018: Acer announces Q1 2018 results
Apr 17,2018: Acer Wins 13 Red Dot Design Awards 2018
Key benefits of buying this profile include:
You get detailed information about the company and its operations to identify potential customers and suppliers.
- The profile analyzes the company’s business structure, operations, major products and services, prospects, locations and subsidiaries, key executives and their biographies and key competitors.
Understand and respond to your competitors’ business structure and strategies, and capitalize on their weaknesses. Stay up to date on the major developments affecting the company.
- The company’s core strengths and weaknesses and areas of development or decline are analyzed and presented in the profile objectively. Recent developments in the company covered in the profile help you track important events.
Equip yourself with information that enables you to sharpen your strategies and transform your operations profitably.
- Opportunities that the company can explore and exploit are sized up and its growth potential assessed in the profile. Competitive and/or technological threats are highlighted.
Scout for potential investments and acquisition targets, with detailed insight into the companies’ strategic, financial and operational performance.
- Financial ratio presented for major public companies in the profile include the revenue trends, profitability, growth, margins and returns, liquidity and leverage, financial position and efficiency ratios.
Gain key insights into the company for academic or business research.
- Key elements such as SWOT analysis, corporate strategy and financial ratios and charts are incorporated in the profile to assist your academic or business research needs.
Note: Some sections may be missing if data is unavailable for the company
Table of Contents
Table of Contents 3
List of Tables 5
List of Figures 5
Section 1 – About the Company 6
Acer Inc – Key Facts 6
Acer Inc – Key Employees 7
Acer Inc – Key Employee Biographies 8
Acer Inc – Major Products and Services 9
Acer Inc – History 10
Acer Inc – Company Statement 17
Acer Inc – Locations And Subsidiaries 18
Head Office 18
Other Locations & Subsidiaries 18
Section 2 – Company Analysis 20
Company Overview 20
Acer Inc – Business Description 21
Business Segment: IT Hardware Products 21
Business Segment: Others 21
Geographical Segment: Americas 21
Geographical Segment: Mainland China 21
Geographical Segment: Others 22
Geographical Segment: Taiwan 22
Acer Inc – SWOT Analysis 23
SWOT Analysis – Overview 23
Acer Inc – Strengths 23
Acer Inc – Weaknesses 24
Acer Inc – Opportunities 25
Acer Inc – Threats 26
Acer Inc – Key Competitors 27
Section 3 – Company Financial Ratios 28
Financial Ratios – Capital Market Ratios 28
Financial Ratios – Annual Ratios 29
Performance Chart 32
Financial Performance 32
Financial Ratios – Interim Ratios 33
Financial Ratios – Ratio Charts 34
Section 4 – Company’s Recent Developments 35
Apr 17, 2018: Acer Wins 13 Red Dot Design Awards 2018 35
Apr 09, 2018: Acer Reports Consolidated Revenues For March At NT$22.64 Billion 37
Mar 27, 2018: Acer Teams Up With Leading Hospitals Across Taiwan to Provide Cloud-based Remote Healthcare Services 38
Feb 13, 2018: Acer Wins 12 iF Design Awards 2018 40
Nov 09, 2017: Acer reports Q3 2017 results: Highest net income of NT$1.45 billion in 27 quarters, consolidated revenues NT$60.58 billion 42
Oct 13, 2017: Acer scores eight 2017 Good Design Awards 43
Jun 21, 2017: Acer appoints new chairman 45
Jun 21, 2017: Acer appoints Meggy Chen as corporate chief financial officer 46
May 16, 2017: Acer wins 2017 Oracle Digital Self-Service excellence award 47
May 11, 2017: Acer Q1 net income increases 48
Section 5 – Appendix 49
Ratio Definitions 49
About GlobalData 53
Contact Us 53
List of Tables
Acer Inc, Key Facts 6
Acer Inc, Key Employees 7
Acer Inc, Key Employee Biographies 8
Acer Inc, Major Products and Services 9
Acer Inc, History 10
Acer Inc, Other Locations 18
Acer Inc, Subsidiaries 18
Acer Inc, Key Competitors 27
Acer Inc, Ratios based on current share price 28
Acer Inc, Annual Ratios 29
Acer Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...1) 30
Acer Inc, Annual Ratios (Cont...2) 31
Acer Inc, Interim Ratios 33
Currency Codes 49
Capital Market Ratios 49
Equity Ratios 50
Profitability Ratios 50
Cost Ratios 51
Liquidity Ratios 51
Leverage Ratios 52
Efficiency Ratios 52
List of Figures
Acer Inc, Performance Chart (2013 - 2017) 32
Acer Inc, Ratio Charts 34